Skip to main content

NIGERIA’S POLITICS – LEADERSHIP OR RAT RACE???


What a disgrace to see the human race in a rat race - Bob Marley

I never thought I would at any time in this career, have to write anything on or about politics. But, If I eventually wrote something about this then I think it must be very crucial. Because this also applies to every breathing human.

Those who make themselves desperate in life, sell themselves short. In this world, you find people who desperately want to occupy a position, desperate for respect, desperate to get something and desperate to be something. As a result, they end up fighting to stay in the RAT RACE COMPETITION. Is this what we have in Nigeria? Because rats self-mutilate and actually kill themselves for survival just like, Boko Haram, Xenophobia, terrorism...

I have had this thought before, during and after the elections in Nigeria and I thought to share this so you can also see this from my own perspective.

People fall on themselves to ensure they get ahead of others. This is not the way of Leadership!
A leader pays attention to his strengths and maximizes those strengths, instead of focusing on the weaknesses of his rivals to make them a scorn in the headline news. This isn’t a healthy competition, and would therefore, not lead to a healthy society regardless of how good their intentions might have been.
Let’s analyse this in a jiffy. The eligible candidates for governorship use some vital leverage points such as, providing good jobs, accommodations, free meals, security, free education, etc to cajole the citizenry to vote for them. Truthfully, there are many who don’t even have need for these things regardless change in government. This invariably means that, all these are targeted at a particular class of people; the class of people who think they have need of these things - the masses.


The next question you ought to ask is; what is their objective? Why do they want to provide all these? Is it to make their reign better than it was or is it let-the-best-incentive win? Are they moved by compassion to heed to the cries and to make the right deposits for the future?
Secondly, if good jobs are provided to the citizenry, that means, the beneficiaries are out of the potential thug league for the next election or that will be used for some selfish purposes. (I wish they would see it this way and not the other way round)
Even though incentives are a means to get the people to dance to their tune, it will only last for a while. It still trickles down to the same thing; THE AIM!

Often times, those who eventually become beneficiaries of the election freebies let their guards down and sell their rights. Because they think they have no say anymore after they might have partaken in the looted swag.
As a result, they feel obligated to do his/her bidding once they start benefiting from the stuffs.
Let's consider for a moment that the choice you make in life is seen to be a match stick, but the fire after the matchstick is struck is seen to be the consequence of your choice.

First, ask yourself if you want to use the matchstick? Because, once the matchstick is struck, you no longer have control over the fire and therefore, you can not save it for the latter. You either have the choice of using it wisely or letting it flare until it fizzles out.

So the question now is Are you about to use it or waste it? In the same way you can't prevent the fire from burning, you also have no control over the consequences of that one choice you made.

In addition, Find your place in this circle of human race, and look out for a worthy cause that gives you satisfaction! You're not in a RAT RACE!!! STOP XENOPHOBIC ATTACKS

Love, Ambassador.
Related Article FROM BOKO HARAM TO... XENOPHOBIA (A message to South Africans)

Download Ceflix App
Available on iOS, Android, Windows, Blackberry, and Desktop platforms
www.ceflix.org

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RELATIONSHIP ANCHORS - 7 RELATIONSHIPS YOU SHOULDN'T LET GO IN 2022

  A Happy New Year Fam and Welcome to 2022 and to My first blog for the year. I have loads of good stuff for you this year on my blog and podcast. https://anchor.fm/victory-isen/episodes/Sir-VC---Achieving-your-plans-in-2022--beyond-e1cl9de One thing you should really be on the look out for this year is the Mental and Emotional Hack Leadership Series; FACTS, TRUTH & DARE. I can't wait for it too. Ensure to stick close and closer and closeeerrrr... Ok, let's begin. When you think of relationships what's the first thing that comes to mind? PEOPLE, right? And many times we do not even put ourselves in the picture. It's weird to know that the first place we ought to look at in a relationship is the last place nobody would think about; MYSELF, OURSELVES, as individuals. Relationships first begins with me, you as an individual. You'd have to be responsible for yourself first then, everything else that follows would stem from this. Stick with me till the end. But ther...

SOMEBODY KNOWS PART-2

Something about him that you never knew… Today on my EXCLUSIVE, De AMBASSADOR features ELI-J SOMEBODY KNOWS PART-2 He knew that one day he was going to be on the spotlight but what he also knew was that he never knew when... however, he kept working on his best. Before we hit the runway, I want to say that today, the 9 th of March, depending on your geographical location, also happens to be his birthday. During his interview, he reminded me of how my dad always came around to wake us up as lads to attend our rote routine morning devotion. He would come with a cane and flog us when we slept beyond the time we were expected to be there. And this delay was mostly because of the late night movies we stayed up late to watch. We got so used to the time he would come into the room such that we didn’t need an alarm to go off at 5am anymore. Often times, before he even raised his cane to whip, we were already staring at him. And I’m certain he knew back then what our stares ...

THE BETTER YOU!!!

  READ THIS LITTLE PIECE OF NOTE I LEFT YOU. I went for a short trip this weekend and I might be back before you get to the end. Well... that would depend on you (read carefully>>) WHAT DO YOU SEE??? Life oftentimes in the past have dealt roughly with us, and we fail to see rightly as we ought. Whatever happens in life, we choose to see either the problem, or the solution; the friends or the haters, the half-empty or the half-filled cup; the anger or the love. Why spend time on the negative when you could have exerted the same amount of energy and emotions or maybe even lesser, on the positive? The positive emotions always trumps the negative, anytime, everytime. WHAT DO YOU SEE??? CHOOSE to be the better YOU. Don't be the YOU that keeps getting worse than your original state. If I didn't have you in mind before I traveled, I wouldn't have left you this note. If you're still curious as to who I am, I AM THE BETTER PART OF YOU THAT YOU IGNORED. You ...